Abortion Using Home Remedies
🚫 Can I do an at-home abortion? – your Self-Evaluation
- Self-induced abortions using home remedies, such as herbs, are illegal in many countries and states.
- Coat hanger abortions are also illegal in many countries.
- These methods include many risks and side-effects, making them unsafe. Oftentimes, they do not lead to the intended abortion.
This article informs you of legal regulations and how you can proceed.
DIY Abortion? - Self Evaluation
Do you find yourself in this situation? Answer three multiple choice questions about your circumstances, and receive an expert evaluation within seconds on your screen.
Is it Legal to Self-Manage an Abortion?
- Most countries have stricter laws on self-induced abortions than on abortions overseen by a physician.
- It is safe to assume that any restrictions on abortion in general also apply to self-induced abortions.
- In many countries, self-inducing an abortion is considered a crime. The concern for the safety of the mother outweighs her desired freedom.
- A number of women have been prosecuted for self-inducing abortions under a variety of statutes, ranging from fetal homicide to failure to report an abortion to a coroner. (Source: Guttmacher Institute 2019)
Abortion Home Remedies
Abortive home remedies most frequently mentioned online are:
Abortion Using Herbs?
Taking herbs such as parsley, sage, saffron, or mugwort does not harm the fetus directly. However, an overdose can lead to physical discomfort. ;The consumption of large amounts can trigger contractions of the uterus, causing a woman to expel the baby.
Terminating a Pregnancy with Medication
In most countries, drugs with abortifacient effects — such as mifepristone and prostaglandins — are prescription only and cannot be obtained over the counter.
Possible Risks Factors of At-Home Abortions
Physician facilitated abortions can also lead to complications, but even more risks are associated with DIY abortions.
In many cases, herbal treatments or other home remedies do not induce an abortion, but can be detrimental to the woman’s health.
Using an instrument to induce an abortion can cause injuries which may lead to heavy bleeding.
⛔️ In the worst case, the (blood) poisoning or bleeding that may result can be life-threatening! Therefore, any self-experimentation is not recommended - for your own protection!
- 💡 My biggest worry - take our problem-solving test
Pregnant and Worried
Are you afraid that someone may find out about your pregnancy? Are you are looking for a secret way out? Perhaps you are just looking for a holistic herbal method, because you do not want a medical procedure. Or maybe finances or regulations hinder you from getting a regular abortion. Either way, the situation you are facing right now is anything but easy!
We have a wealth of resources, which we would love to share with you free of charge. You are not alone as you walk through this dark valley. Your heart is worth more than a quick fix! Use the links below in oder to discern your fears and desires, and possible solutions:
You may also like:
The attempt to give yourself an abortion can lead to serious side effects. These risks make self-abortions unsafe for the pregnant woman.
Therefore, abortions must be performed under the supervision of a medical provider. Self-inducing an abortion is usually illegal. The pursuit of a DIY abortion often stems from the desire not to be found out. More than ever, this would be a good time to choose someone to confide in.
Having an abortion via natural means such as using herbal extracts is considered a criminal offense in many countries. These laws are meant to protect women from the high risks and complications associated with self-induced abortions. Therefore, most governments require abortions to be performed by medical staff. When a woman desires to "fix things" on her own, her situation is usually bleak. Support is available.
An abortion can lead to heavy bleeding, adhesions, or a greater risk of infection. Apart from the physical side effects, having an abortion can have emotional repercussions. Every woman's experience stands alone. Therefore each woman has the right to carefully weigh her personal concerns, before making a decision.